The name Myriad means, countless or extremely great number. In context of the project, it allows one to expand overall resources managed by Mesos, even when the cluster under mesos management runs other cluster mangaers like YARN.
Myriad allows Mesos and YARN to co-exist and share resources with Mesos as the resource manager for the datacenter. Sharing resources between these two resource allocation systems improves overall cluster utilization and avoids statically partitioning resources amongst two separate clusters/resource managers.
Myriad is a work in progress.
- Support multiple clusters
- Custom Executor for managing NodeManager
- Support multi-tenancy for node-managers
- Support unique constraint to let only one node-manager run on a slave
- Configuration store for storing rules and policies for clusters managed by Myriad
- NodeManager Profiles for each cluster
- High Availability mode for framework
- Framework checkpointing
- Framework re-conciliation